The vision of The Areté Trust is Excellence and Virtue. The Trust’s name is from the Greek word arete meaning “excellence of any kind” and also signifying “moral virtue”.
We believe that all young people have the potential to succeed and make a positive and lasting contribution to society. We believe in the power of Working Together.
The principal values of our Trust are:
The Areté Trust exists to provide opportunities and maximise life chances for all children and young people, regardless of their background.
We aim to do this through:
- Driven, determined and courageous leadership at all levels based on clear vision and precise strategy, relentlessly implemented with strong accountability
- Traditional values and high expectations of conduct and standards of work
- An academic curriculum with an emphasis on literacy and numeracy, to prepare young people with the knowledge and skills essential for lifelong success
- Our distinctive, innovative and high-challenge approach to Teaching & Learning: our High Impact Teaching Strategies
- An emphasis on growth and development to ensure exceptional pastoral care, high quality professional learning and development for staff